Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Vitals
191 fasting  blood sugar - Yay!  Finally reached below the 200s
Weight - skipped it.  Didn't want to spoil my fasting 'high' or low

2 days missing. I'm sure my fans (0) are terribly afraid I've given up and bailed.  But actually, I've had 2 very sick dogs.  Annie crashed on Thanksgiving just as I was serving dinner.  Seizure. Right there.  Me screaming for Rowland and afraid she was dead on the spot with our dinner guest trying to act nonchalant.  She survived, barely.  But it did put a damper on Thanksgiving.  At least I ate less.

Row and I woke up and thought it was her 'time'.  But he wagged her tail and so we had hope.  Down to the clinic with Annie and Millie.  Both blood work was near perfect.   Annie has serious gastritis.  As the vet said "Pequeno perro es hacer Annie enfermo".  Millie is making Annie sick.  Stress kills.

Millie was the picture of health.  Just a little diarreah.  By the next day, Millie was coughing and we thought she might of swallowed something and we hoped it would pass.  But by 11pm it was non stop.  So down to the vet (we can walk it, it's just around the corner - I guess we keep it in business).  Turns out she has highly contagious kennel cough and needs lots of meds and to be kept under watch so it doesn't turn into pneumonia.  Keeping Millie away from the fam has turned out to be a nightmare.  She screams.   She loves sleeping next to them.  And keeping the dogs from smelling Millie and licking her is near impossible.  Annie's doing better, and having less of Millie is helping her stress.  But more of Millie is stressing me.

I had to move my appointments back with Patrick because Millie screams if I leave her side and Rowland can't work.  I am not rethinking Millie, but I have certainly forgotten the challenges of puppy hood especially a sick one.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home